11. Governing Board.-
(1) The Governing Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(i) not more than seven members to be nominated by the Central Government from amongst persons, who have-
(a) rendered valuable service to Auroville;
(b) dedicated themselves to the ideals of life-long education, synthesis of material and spiritual researches or human unity;
(c) contributed significantly in activities that are being persued or are envisaged to be promoted in Auroville, including activities relating to environment, afforestation, arts and crafts, industry, agriculture, humanities, sciences and integral yoga;
(ii) two representatives of the Central Government to be nominated by it.
(2) The Central Government shall nominate a Chairman of the Governing Board from amongst the members nominated by it under clause (i) of sub-section (1).
(3) The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs of the Foundation shall vest in the Governing Board which may exercise all the powers and discharge all the functions which may be exercised or discharged by the Foundation.
(4) The Governing Board may associate with itself in such manner and for such purposes as may be prescribed, any persons whose assistance or advice it may desire in complying with any of the provisions of this Act and a person so associated shall have the right to take part in the discussions of the Governing Board relevant to the purposes for which he has been associated, but shall not have the right to vote.
(5) No act or proceeding of the Governing Board or any committee appointed by it under section 16 shall be invalidated merely by reason of,-
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Governing Board or such committee; or
(b) any defect in the nomination of a person acting as a member of the Governing Board or such committee; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Governing Board or such committee not affecting the merits of the case.