The Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Act, 2021
16. Grant of registration. -
(1) On receipt of the application under sub-section (1) of section 15, the appropriate authority shall within a period of thirty days-
(i) grant registration subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules and regulations made thereunder, and provide a registration number to the applicant; or
(ii) reject the application for reasons to be recorded in writing, if such application does not conform to the provisions of this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder:
Provided that no application shall be rejected unless the applicant has been given an opportunity of being heard in the matter.
(2) If the appropriate authority fails to grant the registration or reject the application, as the case may be, as provided under sub-section (1), the appropriate authority shall, within a period of seven days from the expiry of the said period of thirty days specified under sub-section (1), provide a reason for the failure to process the application.
(3) The appropriate authority shall, within a period of one month of registration being granted under this section, intimate such registration to the State Board.
(4) The State Board shall maintain a record of all registrations applied for and granted under this section.
(5) No registration shall be granted unless the State Board has inspected the premises of the applicant.
(6) The registration granted under this section shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of registration granted by the appropriate authority.
(7) The certificate of registration shall be displayed by the clinic or bank at a conspicuous place and such certificate shall contain the duration of validity of such registration.