3. Persons subject to this Act.
(1) The following persons (whether on deputation or otherwise employed) shall be subject to this Act, wherever they may be, namely:
(a) officers and subordinate officers; and
(b) under-officers and other persons enrolled under this Act.
(2) Members of the Force in existence at the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have been appointed or, as the case may be, enrolled as such under this Act.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), any person who is employed in the Force on deputation from the regular Army as defined under clause (xxi) of section 3 of the Army Act, 1950 (46 of 1950) shall not be subject to this Act and shall, during the period of such deputation, be deemed to be subject to the Army Act, 1950:
Provided that such person in regard to his duties and discipline shall be deemed to be under the command of the member of the Force under whose command such person for the time being is placed:
Provided further that, in case of such person, for the purposes of his duties and discipline, the expression "active duty" defined in clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 2 shall be deemed to be the "active service" as defined in clause (i) of section 3 of the Army Act, 1950 (46 of 1950) for taking any action against him under the provisions of the said Army Act,
(4) Any person who is not subject to this Act is posted for any service with the members of the Force or engaged to accompany with or to provide any service in any manner to the members of the Force in such
(ii) line of march; (iii) frontier post; (iv) active duty ;or
(v) counter insurgency operations,
as may be specified, by notification, by the Central Government in this behalf shall be deemed to be a member of the Force, till he is so posted or engaged in such corresponding rank as may be determined, by notification, by the Central Government for the purposes of this Act.
(5) Every person subject to this Act shall remain so subject until retired, discharged, released, removed or dismissed from the Force in accordance with the provisions of this Act and the rules.