The Assam Reorganisation (Meghalaya) Act, 1969
7. Other provisions as to Ministers.-
(1) The Chief Minister shall be appointed by the Governor and the other Ministers shall be appointed by the Governor on the advice of the Chief Minister, and the Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Governor.
(2) The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the Legislative Assembly.
(3) Before a Minister enters upon his office, the Governor shall administer to him the oaths of office and of secrecy according to the form set out for this purpose in the First Schedule.
(4) A Minister who for any period of six consecutive months is not a member of the Legislative Assembly shall at the expiration of that period cease to be a Minister.
(5) The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be such as the Legislature of Meghalaya may from time to time by law determine and, until the Legislature so determines, shall be determined by the Governor.