The Architects Act, 1972.
6.Terms of office and casual vacancies.-
(1) Subject to the provision s of this section, an elected or nominated member shall hold officer for a term of three years from the date of his election or nomination or until his successor has been duly elected or nominated, whichever is later.
(2) An elected or nominated member may, at any time, resign his membership by
writing under his hand addressed to the President, or in his absence, to the
Vice-President, and the seat of such member shall thereupon become vacant.
(3) A member shall be deemed to have vacated his seat-
(i) if he is absent without excuse, sufficient in the opinion of the Council, from three consecutive ordinary meetings of the Council; or
(ii) if he ceases to be a member of the body referred to in clause (a), clause (g) or clause (h) of sub-section (3) of section 3 by which he was elected or nominated, as the case may be; or
(iii) in the case where he has been elected under clause (c) of sub-section (3) of section 3, if the ceases to hold his appointment as the head of an institution referred to in the said clause.
(4) casual vacancy in the Council shall be filled by fresh election or nomination, as the case may be, and the person so elected or nominated to fill the vacancy shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member whose place he takes was elected or nominated.
(5) Members of the Council shall be eligible fore re-election or re-nomination, but not exceeding three consecutive terms.