The Architects Act, 1972.
10.Executive Committee and other committees.-
(1) The Council shall constitute from among its members an Executive Committee, and may also constitute other committees for such general or special purposes as the Council deems necessary to carry out its functions under this Act.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of the President and the Vice-President of the Council who shall be member ex-officio and five other members who shall be elected by the Council from among its members.
(3) The President and the Vice-president of the Council shall be the Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively of the Executive Committee.
(4) A member of the Executive Committee shall hold office as such until the expiry of his term as a member of the Council but subject to his being a member of the Council, he shall be eligible for re-election.
(5) In addition to the powers and duties conferred and imposed on it by this Act, the Executive committee shall exercise such powers and discharge such duties as may be prescribed by regulations.