The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
62. Commencement of conciliation proceedings.
1. The party initiating conciliation shall send to the other party a written invitation to conciliate under this Part, briefly identifying the subject of the dispute.
2. Conciliation proceedings shall commence when the other party accepts in writing the invitation to conciliate.
3. If the other party rejects the invitation, there will be no conciliation proceedings.
4. If the party initiating conciliation does not receive a reply within thirty days from the date on which he sends the invitation, or within such other period of time as specified in the invitation, he may elect to treat this as a rejection of the invitation to conciliate and if he so elects, he shall inform in writing the other party accordingly.