The Andhra Pradesh reorganization Act, 2014
The Eighth Schedule
(See section 59)
Apportionment of Liability in Respect of Pensions
1. Subject to the adjustments mentioned in paragraph 3, each of the successor States shall, in respect of pensions granted before the appointed day by the existing State of Andhra Pradesh, pay the pensions drawn in its treasuries.
2. Subject to the said adjustments, the liability in respect of pensions of officers serving in connection with the affairs of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh who retire or proceed on leave preparatory to retirement before the appointed day, but whose claims for pensions are outstanding immediately before that day, shall be the liability of the State of Andhra Pradesh.
3. There shall be computed, in respect of the period commencing on the appointed day and ending on such date after the appointed day, as may be fixed by the Central Government and in respect of each subsequent financial year, the total payments made to the two successor States in respect of pensions referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2. The total representing the liability of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh in respect of pensions and other retirement benefits shall be apportioned between the successor States on the basis of population ratio and any successor State paying more than its due share shall be reimbursed the excess amount by the other successor State paying less.
4. The liability of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh in respect of pension rolls granted before the appointed day and drawn in any area outside the territories of the existing State shall be the liability of the State of Andhra Pradesh subject to adjustments to be made in accordance with paragraph 3 as if such pensions had been drawn in any treasury in the State of Andhra Pradesh under paragraph 1.
1. The liability in respect of the pension of any officer serving immediately before the appointed day in connection with the affairs of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh and retiring on or after that day, shall be that of the successor State granting him the pension and other retirement benefits; but the portion of the pension and other retirement benefits attributable to the service of any such officer before the appointed day in connection with the affairs of the existing State of Andhra Pradesh shall be allocated between the successor States on the basis of population ratio, and the Government granting the pension shall be entitled to receive from the other successor State its share of the liability.
2. If any such officer was serving after the appointed day in connection with the affairs of more than one successor State other than the one granting the pension shall reimburse to the Government by which the pension is granted an amount which bears to the portion of the pension attributable to his service after the appointed day the same ratio as the period of his qualifying service after the appointed day under the reimbursing State bears to the total qualifying service of such officer after the appointed day reckoned for the purposes of pension.
6. Any reference in this Schedule to a pension shall be construed as including a reference to the commuted value of the pension.