1. Short title, extent, application and commencement.-
(1) This Act may be called the Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016.
(2) It extends to the whole of India and, save as otherwise provided in this Act, it applies also to any offence thereunder committed outside India by any person.
(3) It shall come into force on such 1date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 5th July, 2017 vide notification No. G.S.R. (827)(E) dated 5th July 2017, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3(i).