All India Council for Technical Education Act, 1987
12. Executive Committee of the Council .-
(1) The Council shall constitute a Committee, called the Executive Committee for discharging such functions as may be assigned to it by the Council.
(2) The Executive Committee shall consist of the following members, namely:-
(a) the Chairman of the Council;
(b) the Vice-Chairman of the Council;
(c) Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of the Central Government dealing with Education, ex officio;
(d) two Chairmen of the Regional Committees;
(e) three Chairmen of the Boards of Studies;
(f) a member of the Council representing the Ministry of Finance of the Central Government, ex officio;
(g) four out of eight members of the Council representing the States and Union territories under clause (k) of sub-section (4) of section 3;
(h) four members with expertise and distinction in areas relevant to Technical Education to be nominated by the Chairman of the Council;
(I) the Chairman of the University Grants Commission, ex officio;
(j) the Director, Institute of Applied Manpower Research, New Delhi, ex officio;
(k) the Director General, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, ex officio;
( i ) the Member-Secretary of the Council.
(3) The Chairman and the Member-Secretary of the Council shall, respectively, function as the Chairman and the Member-Secretary of the Executive Committee.
(4) The Chairman or in his absence, the Vice-Chairman of the Council shall preside at the meetings of the Executive Committee and in the absence of both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman. any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(5) The Executive Committee shall meet at such time and places, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) as the Council may provide by regulations.