(1) The authorities of the University may make Regulations consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances
(a) laying down the procedure to be observed at their meetings and the number of members required to form a quorum;
(b) providing for all matters which by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, are to be prescribed by Regulations; and
(c) providing for all other matters solely concerning such authorities or committees appointed by them not provided for by this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances.
(2) Every authority of the University shall make Regulations providing for the giving of notice to the members of such authority of the dates of meetings and of the business to be considered at meetings and for the keeping of a record of the proceedings of meetings.
3 [(3) The Executive Council may direct the amendment, in such manner as it may specify, of any Regulation made under this section other 4[than any Regulation made by the Court] or the annulment of any such Regulation:
5 [(4) Every Statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(5) Every statute, Ordinance or Regulation made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both houses agree in making, any modification in the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation or both Houses agree that the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or, be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under the Statute, Ordinance or Regulation.]
1. Subs. by Act 19 of 1965, s. 4, for sub-sections (4), (5), (6) and (7).
2. Subs. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 25, for sub-sections (4), (5) and (6) (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).
3. Ins. by Act 62 of 1951, s. 22.
4. Ins. by Act 62 of 1981, s. 18 (w.e.f, 10-2-1982).
5. Ins. by Act 4 of 2005, s. 2 and the Schedule.
6. Proviso omitted by Act 19 of 1965, s. 5.