14[19. The Vice-Chancellor.
(1) The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the University, and shall exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decisions of all the authorities of the University.
(3) The Vice-Chancellor may, if he is of opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority the action taken by him on such matter: Provided that if the authority concerned is of opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided further that any person in the service of the University who is aggrieved by the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor under this sub-section shall have the right to appeal against such action to the Executive Council within three months from the date on which decision on such action is communicated to him and thereupon the Executive Council may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by the Vice-Chancellor.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes or Ordinances.]
1. Ins. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 10 (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).
2. Subs. by s. 11, ibid., for the former heading and section 15 (w.e.f. 17-06-1972).
3. The word "and" ins. by Act 11 of 1945, s. 2, omitted by Act 62 of 1951, section 13.
4. Clause (4) which read "The Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and" omitted by Act 11 of 1945, section 2.
5. Ins. by Act 62 of 1951, s. 13 (w.e.f. 3-11-1951).
6. Subs. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 12, for clauses (B) and (C) (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).
7. Ins. by Act 62 of 1981, s. 6 (w.e.f. 10-2-1982).
8. Clauses (3B), (3C) and (3D) renumbered as clauses (3C), (3D) and (3E) thereof by Act 62 of 1981, s. 6 (w.e.f. 10-2-1982).
9. Clause (5) renumbered as clause (4) by Act 11 of 1945, s. 2.
10. Subs. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 13, for section 17 (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).
11. Subs. by Act 62 of 1981, s. 7, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 10-2-1982).
12. Subs. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 14, for section 18 (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).
13. Subs by Act 62 of 1981, s. 8, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 10-2-1982).
14. Subs. by Act 34 of 1972, s. 15, for section 19 (w.e.f. 17-6-1972).