90. Recovery of arrears in the event of general refusal to pay.-
(1) In case of any general refusal to pay rent or any demand on account of sayar to persons entitled to collect the same in any area, the Chief Commissioner may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare that such rent or demand may be recovered in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2).
(2) In any area to which a notification made under sub-section (1) applies, a landholder entitled to collect such rent or demand may, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Act or any other law for the time being in force, apply in writing to the tahsildar to recover the same, and the tahsildar shall, after satisfying himself that the amount claimed is due, recover file same with costs as arrears of revenue and submit the record of the case for confirmation of the orders passed, and the action taken, by him to the collector.
(3) The collector may, after examining the record, order that, after deducting from the amount recovered the collection charges which shall not ordinarily exceed seven per cent, of the amount so recovered, the balance shall be made ever to the person entitled: Provided that the total amount deducted as court-fee under section 178 and collection charges shall not, in the aggregate, exceed fourteen and a half per cent, of the amount so recovered.
(4) No order passed under this section shall debar a landholder from recovering, under the provisions of this Act, any amount due to him which has not been recovered under this section.