79. Procedure on application.-
(1) On receipt of an application under section 78, and on payment of the prescribed fee, the tahsildar shall, within ten days of such payment, issue a written notice to the landholder and the tenant to attend on such date and at such time and place as may be specified in the notice, and shall depute an officer by whom the kuta shall be made.
(2) On the day, and at the time and place, so fixed, such officer shall attend and call upon each party to appoint a resident of the neighbourhood as an assessor to assist him.
(3) If any party fails to attend, or refuses to appoint an assessor, sum officer shall appoint an assessor on his behalf and shall, with the assistance of the assessors so appointed, make the kuta and deliver an award in the prescribed form and submit the same with a report of the proceedings to the tahsildar.
(4) The tahsildar shall issue notice to the parties to file objections, if any, to the award within fifteen days of the date of service of such notice and shall, after hearing such objections and making such inquiry, as he considers necessary, accept or modify such award and submit the record of the case for confirmation of the order passed by him to the sub-divisional officer.
(5) The sub-divisional officer may, after further inquiry, if necessary, confirm or modify the award.
(6) After the award has become final, the tahsildar shall assess the money value of the rent payable to the landholder and pass a decree for arrears of rent against the tenant.