76. Rights and liabilities in respect of produce.-
(1) When rent is payable by batai, the tenant shall have a right to the exclusive possession of the crop and to cut and harvest it in due course of husbandry without any interference on the part of the landholder, but shall not be entitled to cut any portion of the produce of his holding or to remove it from the threshing-floor at such time or in such manner as to prevent the due division thereof at the proper time.
(2) If a landholder prevents a tenant from tending, cutting, gathering or storing the crop, or otherwise interferes with harvesting operations, he shall be liable, on the complaint of the tenant, to pay to him such sum, not exceeding one hundred rupees, as may be awarded as compensation and such sum shall be recovered as arrears of revenue and paid to the tenant.
(3) Such complaint shall be made in writing to the sub-divisional officer who shall inquire into, and decide, the case and submit the record for confirmation of the order passed by him to the collector.
(4) If the tenant cuts or removes any portion of the produce of his holding, contrary to the provisions of sub-section (1), such produce shall, for the purpose of determining the share of the landholder, be deemed to be equal to that of the best crop of the same kind grown at that harvest on similar land in the neighbourhood.