Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

49. Compensation for improvement, when permissible.-

A tenant who has made a work of the kind to which the provisions of clause (13) of section 4 apply, whether such work was made before or after the commencement of this Act, shall be entitled to claim compensation-

(a) if an order of ejectment is passed against him; or

(b) if he has been wrongfully ejected from his land and has not recovered possession thereof: Provided that in case of a dwelling house mentioned in sub-clause (i) of clause (13) of section 4, the tenant may, instead of claiming compensation, sell or remove the materials thereof or, with the written consent of the landlord and within such period as the court deciding the claim for compensation may specify, transfer the right of residence therein to any tenant of the village: Provided further that except in case of such dwelling house, compensation shall not be payable for any work made more than thirty years prior to the date on which the order of ejectment was passed or the tenant was wrongfully ejected.

Ajmer Tenancy and Land Records Act, 1950 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys