39. Reinstatement of tenant ejected under section 37.-
(1) When a tenant is ejected under section 57, he shall, on application made to the sub-divisional officer, be entitled to be reinstated in the land acquired on the conditions specified in sub-section (3), if the person for whom the land was acquired-
(a) does not, within two years from the date of such ejectment, use it for the purpose for which it was acquired; or
(b) uses it for any other purpose within a period of five years from the date of such ejectment.
(2) Such application shall be made-
in case of clause (a) of sub-section (1), within six months of the expiry of the period of two years; and
in case of clause (b) of sub-section (1), within six months of the land being used for any other purpose.
(3) The sub-divisional officer, on receiving such application, shall, if the conditions specified in clause (a) or (b) of sub-section (1) are satisfied, reinstate the ejected tenant in the land acquired with the same rights and liabilities and at the same rate of rent as at the date of ejectment on condition that such tenant, before his reinstatement, restores to the person from whom the land was acquired the land or money or both awarded to him by way of compensation under section 37.
(4) After the decision of the case, the sub-divisional officer shall submit the record for confirmation of the order passed by him to the collector.