Question of proprietary right in revenue court
193. Dispute as regards ownership of land.-
(1) If, in connection with any action taken by a landlord under clause (iii) of section 9, a dispute arises between him and any other person who claims to have a proprietary interest in the land in respect of which such action is taken, either party may apply to the collector for the decision of such dispute.
(2) On the receipt of such application, the collector shall follow the procedure specified in section 38 and the provisions of that section shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to the case.
(3) If, in consequence of the order passed by the collector, any loss results to a tenant or to any other person having an interest in the land to which such order relates, the collector shall, before submitting the record of the case to the confirming court, award monetary compensation to such tenant or other person.
(4) Any compensation awarded under this section shall be recovered as arrears of revenue and paid to the person entitled.