149. Procedure in publishing and sanctioning rates.-
(1) The rent-rate officer shall publish, in such manner as may be prescribed, the proposals and records made by him under sections 147 and 148 and shall receive and consider any objection which may be made to him.
(2) When such objections, if any, have been considered and disposed of, the rent-rate officer shall submit the proposals and records made by him after such modification, if any, as he may deem fit, to the Chief Commissioner.
(3) On receipt of the proposals, the Chief Commissioner may direct further inquiry into any of the matters contained therein and shall, if satisfied that such proposals have been rightly framed, submit them to the Central Government for acceptance.
(4) The Central Government shall either sanction the proposed circles, soil classification, rates and other matters recorded under sections 147 and 148, or may, for reasons to be recorded, sanction them with such modification as it deems fit, and the rates so sanctioned shall be sanctioned rates.