Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India Act, 2008
14. Powers of Authority to call for information, conduct investigations, etc. -
1. Where the Authority considers it expedient so to do, it may by order in writing-
a. call upon any service provider at any time to furnish in writing such information or explanation relating to its functions as the Authority may require to access the performance of the service provider; or
b. appoint one or more persons to make an inquiry in relation to the affairs of any service provider; and(c) direct any of its officers or employees to inspect the books of account or other documents of any service provider.
2. Where any inquiry in relation to the affairs of a service provider has been undertaken under sub-section (1)-
a. every office of the Government department, if such service provider is a department of the Government; or
b. every director, manager, secretary or other officer, if such service provider is a company; or
c. every partner, manager, secretary or other officer, if such service provider is a firm; or
d. every other person or body of persons who has had dealings in the course of business with any of the persons mentioned in clauses (b) or (c),shall be bound to produce before the Authority making the inquiry, all such books of account or other documents in his custody or power relating to, or having a bearing on the subject-matter of such inquiry and also to furnish to the Authority with any such statement or information relating thereto, as the case may be, required of him, within such time as may be specified.
3. Every service provider shall maintain such books of account or other documents as may be prescribed.
4. The Authority shall have the power to issue such directions to monitor the performance of the service providers as it may consider necessary for proper functioning by service providers.