The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
5.Term of office and conditions of service of members.-
- Subject to the provisions of section 6,-
- every whole-time member (other than the ex officio member shall hold office for a period of five years from the date on which he assumes office or till he attains he age of sixty years whichever is earlier and
- every part-time member (other than the ex officio member) shall hold office for a period of three years from the date on which he assumes office:
Provided that the Central Government -
- terminate the appointment of any whole-time member, who is not a servant of the Government after giving him notice for a period of not less than three months or in lieu thereof, on
- payment of an amount equal to his salary and allowances, if any for a period of three months:
- terminate the appointment of any part-time member who is not a servant of the Government after giving him notice for such period as may be prescribed; and
- terminate at any time he appointment of any member who is a servant of the Government.
- The other conditions of service of he members shall be such as may be prescribed.
- Any member may resign his office giving notice in writing for such period as may be prescribed to the Central Government and on such resignation being notified in the Official Gazette by that Government, such member shall be deemed to have vacated his office.