The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
In this Act unless the context otherwise requires,-
- aeronautical communication station means station n in the aeronautical communication service which includes aeronautical practising service aeronautical fixed service aeronautical mobile service and aeronautical; radio communication service:
- airport means a landing and taking off area for aircrafts usually with runways and aircraft maintenance and passenger facilities and includes accordance as defined in clause 920 of section 2 of the aircraft Act 1934 (22 of 1934).
- airstrip means used or intended to be used for the landing and take-off of aircrafts with short take-off and laming character and includes all buildings and structures thereon or appertaining there to;
- air traffic service includes flight information service. Alerting service air traffic advisory service air traffic control serve areas control service approach control service and airport control service;
- air transport service~ means any service for any kind of remuneration whatsoever for the transport by air of person mail or any other thing animate or inanimate whether such service relates to an single flight or series of flights;
- appointed day means such date as the Central Government may be notification in he official gazette appoint for the purpose of section 3.
- Authority means the Airports Authority of India constituted under section 3;
- Chairperson: means the Chairperson of the Authority appointed under clause (a) of sub-section (3)of section 3;
- (i) civil enclave means the area if any allotted at an airport belonging to any armed force of the Union, for use by persons availing of any air transport services from such airport or for the handling of baggage or cargo by such service and includes and comprising of any building and structure on such area;
- heliport means an area either at ground level on elevated on a structure used or intended to be for the landing and take off of helicopter and includes any are of parking heliports and all bulldog and structure thereon or appertaining thereto;
- International Airports Authority means the International Airports Authority of India constituted under section 3 of the International Airports Authority Act 1971 (43 of 1971).
- member means a member of the Authority and includes the Chairperson but does not include for the purpose of sections 4,5,6 and 7 an ex officio member referred to in clause 9b) of sub-section (3) of section 3;
- National Airports Authority means the national Airports Authority constituted under section 3 of the national Airports Authority Act 1985 (64 of 1985);
- prescribed means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
- regulations means regulations made under this Act.