The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
3.Constitution and incorporation of the authority.-
- with effect from the appointed day the Central Government shall by notification in the official gazette constitute Authority to be called the Airports Authority of India.
- The authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal with power subject to the provision of this Act, to acquire hold and dispose of property both movable and immovable and to contract and shall by the said bane sue and be sued.
- The authority shall consist of-
- A Chairperson to be appointed by the Central Government;
- The Director General OF Civil Aviation or an officer not below the rank of the Deputy Director General of Civil Aviation to be appointed by the Central Government ex officio;
- not less than eight and not more than fourteen members to be appointed by the Central Government.
- The Chairperson shall be a whole-time member and other members referred to in clause 9c) of sub-section 93) may be appointed as whole-time of part-time members as the Central Government may think fit.
- the Chairperson and the members referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (3) shall be chosen from among persons who have special knowledge and experience in an transport services industry commercial or financial matters or administration and from among persons who are capable of representing organisation of workers and consumers.