State Agricultural Credit Corporations Act, 1968
3. Establishment of State Agricultural Credit Corporations.
- The appropriate Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, establish in any State or Union territory
- Ins. by Act 5 of 1970, s. 20 (w.e.f. 19-7-1969).
- Ins. by Act 40 of 1980, s. 20 (w.e.f. 15-4-1980). 169. An Agricultural Credit Corporation under such name as may be specified in the notification:
Provided that no such Corporation shall be established in any State or Union territory other than the States of Assam, Bihar, Orissa, Rajasthan and West Bengal and the Union territories of Manipur and Tripura, except with the previous approval of the Central Government, and no such approval shall be given by the Central Government except after consultation with the Reserve Bank.
- The Corporation established under this Act shall be a body corporate by the name specified in the notification referred to in sub-section (1), having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, and to contract, and may by that name sue or be sued.