State Agricultural Credit Corporations Act, 1968
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-
- "agricultural marketing society" means a co-operative society the objects of which include the marketing of agricultural produce;
- "agricultural operation" includes animal husbandry, dairy farming, pisciculture and poultry farming.
- Explanation.--The expression "pisciculture" includes the development of fisheries, both inland and marine, catching of fish and all activities connected there with or incidental thereto;]
- "agricultural processing society" means a co-operative society the objects of which include the processing of agricultural produce;
- "agricultural produce" includes the produce of an agricultural operation; "appropriate Government" means,-
- in relation to any Corporation established in a Union territory, the Central Government, and 168.
- in relation to any corporation established at any other place, the State Government;
- "banking company" has the meaning assigned to it in clause (c) of section 5 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (10 of 1949);
- "Board" means the Board of directors of the Corporation;
- "co-operative farming society" means a co-operative society the objects of which include the cultivation of land on a co-operative basis;
- "Corporation", in relation to a State or Union territory, means the Agricultural Credit Corporation established under section 3 in that State or Union territory, as the case may be; 1*[(ii)"corresponding new bank" means a corresponding new bank constituted under section 3 of the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1970 (5 of 1970) 2*[or a corresponding new bank constituted under section 3 of the Banking Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings) Act, 1980 (40 of 1980)];]
- "director" means a member of the Board;
- "Food Corporation" means the Food Corporation of India established under the Food Corporations Act, 1964 (27.of 1964);
- "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
- "Reserve Bank" means the Reserve Bank of India constituted under the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.(2 of 1934);
- "subsidiary banks" has the meaning assigned to it in the State Bank of India (subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959.(38 of 1959);
- "Central Co-operative
Bank", "co-operative Bank", "Co-operative Society", Primary Agricultural
Society", "Scheduled Bank", "State Bank" and "State Co-operative Bank", have the meanings respectively assigned to them in section 2 of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 (2 of 1934).