The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(a) "Authority" means the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority established under section 4;
(b) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Authority;
(c) "export" means taking out of India by land, sea or air;
(d) "exporter" means a person registered as an exporter of Scheduled products under section 12;
(e) "member" means a member of the Authority and includes the Chairman;
(f) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(g) "processing" in relation to 2[Scheduled products or, as the case may be, Special products] includes the process of preservation of such products such as canning, freezing, drying, salting, smoking, peeling or filleting and any other method of processing which the Authority may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify in this behalf;
(h) "regulations" means regulations made under this Act;
(i) "Scheduled product" means any of the agricultural or processed food products included in 3[the First Schedule];
4[(j) "Special product" means any of the agricultural or processed food products included in the Second Schedule.]
1. 13th February, 1986, vide notification No. S.O. 55(E), dated 13th February, 1986, see Gazette of India, 1986, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
2. Subs. by Act 20 of 2009, s. 2, for "Scheduled products" (w.e.f. 13-10-2008).
3. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "the Schedule" (w.e.f. 13-10-2008).
4. Ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 13-10-2008).
5. Subs. by s. 3. ibid., for section 3 (w.e.f. 13-10-2008).