The Advocates' Welfare Fund Act, 2001
Chapter III Establishment of Trustee Committee
4. Establishment of Trustee Committee.-
1. With effect from such date as the appropriate Government may, by notification, appoint in this behalf, there shall be established a Trustee Committee to be called the "Advocates' Welfare Fund Trustee Committee".
2. The Trustee Committee shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall, by the said name, sue and be sued.
3. The Trustee Committee shall consist of-
a. the Advocate-General of a state - Chairperson, ex officio: Provided that where there is no Advocate-General of a State, the appropriate Government shall nominate a senior advocate to be the Chairperson;
b. the Secretary to the appropriate Government-Member, ex officio; in its Law Department or Ministry
c. the Secretary to the appropriate Government-Member, ex officio; in its Home Department or Ministry
d. the Chairman of the State Bar Council -Member, ex officio;
e. the Government Pleader or the Public -Member; Prosecutor as may be nominated by the appropriate Government
f. two advocates to be nominated -Members; by the State Bar Council
g. the Secretary of the State Bar Council -Secretary, ex officio.
4. The Chairperson nominated under the proviso to clause (a) of sub-section (3) shall hold office for a period not exceeding three years from the date on which he enters upon his office.
5. Every Member of the Trustee Committee nominated under clause (e) clause (f) of sub-section (3) shall hold office for a period not exceeding three years from the date on which he enters upon his office.