The Actuaries Act, 2006
8. Honorary, affiliate and student members. -
1. The Council may choose, in such manner as may be specified, any person of eminence in matters relating to and of interest to the profession of Actuary as an honorary member of the Institute provided that he is not practicing as an Actuary.
2. Any person, who is a fellow member, or is a holder of membership considered equivalent to the fellow membership of the Institute, of any other institution similar to the Institute, whether within or outside India, may be admitted as an affiliate member for such period, and on such terms and conditions as may be specified.
3. Any person who enrolls himself for examination of the Institute, and possesses such academic qualifications as may be specified, may be admitted as a student member of the Institute on such terms and conditions as may be specified.
4. An honorary member or an affiliate member or a student member shall have no right to vote on any matter or resolution in any meeting of the Institute.