The Actuaries Act, 2006
6. Entry of names in register. -
1. Any of the following persons shall be entitled to have his name entered in the register, namely:-
a. any person who immediately before the appointed day was an associate or a fellow (including an honorary fellow) of the Actuarial Society;
b. any person who has passed the examination conducted by the Actuarial Society and has completed training either as specified by the said Society or as specified by the Council, except any such person who is not a permanent resident of India;
c. any person who has passed such examination and completed such training, as may be specified for membership of the Institute;
d. any person who has passed such other examination and completed such other training outside India as is specified as being equivalent to the examination and training specified under this Act for membership of the Institute: Provided that in the case of any person belonging to any of the classes mentioned in this sub-section who is not permanently residing in India, the Central Government or the Council may impose such further conditions as it may deem necessary or expedient in the public interest.
2. Every person mentioned in clause (a) of sub-section (1) may have his name entered in the register without the payment of any entrance fee.
3. Every person belonging to any of the classes mentioned in clauses (b), (c) and (d) of sub-section (1) shall have his name entered in the register on an application being made and granted in the specified manner and on payment of such fees, as may be specified.
4. The Council shall take such steps as may be necessary for the purpose of having the names of all persons belonging to the class mentioned in clause (a) of sub-section (1) entered in the register before the appointed day.
5. Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Council may confer on any person honorary fellow membership, if the Council is of the opinion that such person has made a significant contribution to the profession of Actuary and thereupon the Council shall enter the name of such person in the register but such person shall not have any voting rights in any election or meetings of the Institute and shall not also be required to pay any fee to the Institute.