The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
22. Transfer of assets, liabilities of Authority.
On and from the establishment of the Authority-
- all the assets and liabilities of the Unique Identification Authority of India, established vide notification of the Government of India in the Planning Commission number A-43011/02/2009-Admin. I, dated the 28th January, 2009, shall stand transferred to, and vested in, the Authority.
- without prejudice to the provisions of clause (a), all data and information collected during enrolment, all details of authentication performed, debts, obligations and liabilities incurred, all contracts entered into and all matters and things engaged to be done by, with or for such Unique Identification Authority of India immediately before that day, for or in connection with the purpose of the said Unique Identification Authority of India, shall be deemed to have been incurred, entered into or engaged to be done by, with or for, the Authority;
- all sums of money due to the said Unique Identification Authority of India immediately before that day shall be deemed to be due to the Authority; and
- all suits and other legal proceedings instituted or which could have been instituted by or against such Unique Identification Authority of India immediately before that day may be continued or may be instituted by or against the Authority.
Explanation.- The assets of such Unique Identification Authority of India shall be deemed to include all rights and powers, and all properties, whether movable or immovable, including, in particular, cash balances, deposits and all other interests and rights in, or arising out of, such properties as may be in the possession of such Unique Identification Authority of India and all books of account and other documents relating to the same; and liabilities shall be deemed to include all debts, liabilities and obligations of whatever kind;