The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
16. Restrictions on Chairperson or Members on employment after cessation of office.
The Chairperson or a Member on ceasing to hold office for any reason, shall not, without previous approval of the Central Government,-
- accept any employment in, or be connected with the management of any organisation, company or any other entity which has been associated with any work done or contracted out by the Authority, whether directly or indirectly, during his tenure as Chairperson or Member, as the case may be, for a period of three years from the date on which he ceases to hold office:
- act, for or on behalf of any person or organisation in connection with any specific proceeding or transaction or negotiation or a case to which the Authority is a party and with respect to which the Chairperson or such Member had, before cessation of office, acted for or provided advice to, the Authority;
- give advice to any person using information which was obtained in his capacity as the Chairperson or a Member and being unavailable to or not being able to be made available to the public; or
- enter, for a period of three years from his last day in office, into a contract of service with, accept an appointment to a board of directors of, or accept an offer of employment with, an entity with which he had direct and significant official dealings during his term of office.
Provided that nothing contained in this clause shall apply to any employment under the Central Government or a State Government or local authority or in any statutory authority or any corporation established by or under any Central, State or provincial Act or a Government Company, as defined in clause (45) of section 2 of the Companies Act, 2013;