The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016
15. Removal of Chairperson and Members.
- The Central Government may remove from office, the Chairperson, or a Member, who-
- is, or at any time has been adjudged as insolvent;
- has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as the Chairperson or, as the case may be, a Member;
- has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Central Government, involves moral turpitude;
- has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as the Chairperson or, as the case may be, a Member; or
- has, in the opinion of the Central Government, so abused his position as to render his continuance in office detrimental to the public interest.