|Status Of College:||Bar Council Approved|
|College Management:||Not Available|
|College Facilities:||Hostel Facility, Library and Reading Room Facilities, Computer Lab,ATM facility, Post Office, Railway Booking Counter.|
The Law Department functioned in Muir College from 1872 onwards till the new building for Law Faculty of immense architectural beauty was constructed around 1910, adjacent to Senate House on the northern side by the donations provided by the Oudh Bar Association. However this building (now being used by Department of English Studies) did not possess suitable and sufficient accommodation for the fast expanding Law Library and for holding of tutorials in LL.B. Classes which was made compulsory by the Bar Council of India. The Law Department was shifted to the new building which was constructed by UGC grants in the Chatham Lines campus of which Hon'ble Mr. A.K. Sen, the then Law Minister of India, had laid the foundation stone in 1965. The transfer of Law Department to the new building was completed in early 1980s. Till 1955 when principle of rotation for the Dean among Professors was introduced, the Head of Law Department was also the Dean of the Law Faculty.Law Department and High Court/Bar Association: There had been intimate relationship between the High Court and the Law Department when parttime Professor and parttime Reader were allowed to be appointed from High Court Bar. Shri A. P. Dube, Bar atLaw, an eminent advocate was the last parttime Professor Head when in 1949 Professor K. K. Bhattacharya became the first fulltime Professor Head of the Law Department. The Law Department continues to have four posts of parttime Lecturers. It is notable that Sir Tej Bahadur Sapru, Pundit Moti Lal Nehru, Sir Sunder Lal, Dr. Kailash Nath Katju had been parttime teachers in the Law Department. Before they became Judges, Justice Iqbal Ahmed, Justice Wali Ullah Justice P. N. Sapru, Justice M. H. Beg , Justice M. N. Shukla had been parttime teachers of Law Department. Two Judges of High Court have consistently been members each of Board of Studies and Faculty Board of Law.