Summer School on Human Rights 2018
Institute of Hazrat Mohammad (SAW) is going to conduct the Summer School on Human Rights 2018
Date: 1st - 5th July, 2018
Venue: Institute of Hazrat Mohammad (SAW), Dhaka, Bangladesh
About the Summer School:
The Summer School will act as a platform for delegates from various countries to come forward and learn about protection and enforcement of Human Rights in their respective countries. The content for the school is developed by experts of Human Rights and the content has been developed keeping in mind the needs and circumstances of different countries. The delegates will also get a opportunity to discuss the situation prevailing in their country and can at the same time suggest the appropriate solution to others.
Who can apply?
Students, Professors, Faculty members, Human Rights Activists, Anyone who is interested in learning about Human Rights
Introduction to Human Rights and Course Overview
This module provides with the overview of core concepts of Human Rights. It then moves onto covering various issues in the contemporary global human rights agenda, such as migration, terrorism, anti-corruption, intellectual property, the environment, and the rights of women and children.
- Various aspects of Human Rights: Human Rights' relation with other Disciplines, Human Rights and Development, Human Rights and the International System, Human Rights and International Law, Development Theories and their Implications for Human Rights
- State Actors and Non- State Actors
- State Duty to Protect Human Rights
- The Corporate Responsibility to Respect Human Rights
- Victims' Access to Remedy
- Societal Problems
- Poverty, under-development and illiteracy
- Women, children and the disadvantaged groups
- Contemporary Issues and New Borns
- A discussion on Liability of Corporations for Human Right Violations
- Business and Human Rights
- Climate Refugees - A Discussion
- Freedom of expression and public protest
- Human Rights and Democracy
- Human Rights of Accused
- Other such topics
- Delegates from Bangladesh: 10,000 Taka
- Delegates from Bangladesh (with accommodation): 15,000 Taka
- International Delegates (without accommodation): 15,000 Taka
- International Delegates (with accommodation): 20,000 Taka
- All those who are interested in attending the Summer School, are requested to fill up the form:
- After assessment of all the forms received, the selected participants will be sent a mail regarding payment details and other important information.
- The participants are then required to make the payment of registration fee within stipulated time period.
- Accommodation will not be provided to all the participants. Only those who opt for accommodation will be provided with accommodation.
- The organisers will only provide a letter for VISA purposes. Apart from this, the organisers will not take any responsibility for VISA of the participant.
- Accommodation will be provided on twin sharing basis.
- The registration fee will not include transportation (local / international).
- It is advisable for the participants to have a health insurance policy.
The last date for registration is 10th June, 2018.
Barrister Rizwana Yusuf
Barrister Reazul Karim
Ms. Tanim Laila
Institute of Hazrat Mohammad (SAW)
Phone: 880 2 55035663, 880 2 55035662, 880 2 55035664
Download Information Brochure