GNLU - Diploma in Internet Law & Policy
Gujarat National Law University has launched the eighth batch of India's first ever - Diploma Programme in Internet Law and Policy with Enhelion as its technology partner.
The world of cyberspace is changing and with it the law that governs the cyberspace is also changing. This Diploma programme will be taught by leading inhouse experts in the field of Internet Law who deal with legal issues pertaining to the Internet on a daily basis.
This diploma programme aims to provide an introduction to the Internet law in India for those who may seek a career in the technology industry. In a span of one year, you as an enrolled student would be getting a deep and complete insight of the fundamentals of Internet Law and interesting and popular subjects such as Intermediary liability, Data Privacy, Data Protection, the nuances of Online Agreements, a complete understanding of the Indian Information Technology Act and also understand many case studies pertaining to Data Privacy and Intermediary liability where the Faculty of Enhelion have personally handled legal cases and legal issues of fortune 500 companies. Through the Diploma programme you will also get an insight into the legal issues related to Internet Banking, which is a growing area of Internet law in India and the world at large.
The duration of the Diploma Course is one year
- January, 2018 - January, 2019
- Any student who is pursuing or has finished an undergraduate degree in any discipline including law, business management, etc
- Any professional is also eligible for applying to this course
- Documents required: 10th Class pass-certificate,12th Class mark-sheet, Undergraduate certificate (if applicable), Post graduate certificate (if applicable)
Salient Features of this unique programme:
- Online lectures that are recorded for future access to all enrolled students
- Course developed by learned academicians and practicing lawyers
- Study at your own pace
- Audio Video Presentations along with Electronic material, which can be printed for references
- Focus on real life case study examples
- Continuous access to mentors and career counseling advice
- Get a chance to meet and interact with the experts and network among lawyers
- On campus boarding and lodging facility will be provided to all students
- University Identity cards to all registered diploma students
- Only one day on campus visit for physical interaction with GNLU faculty next year, either in November, 2018 / December, 2018 / January, 2019. Only on a weekend. Numerous options will be provided to the students to choose from.
- Learn everything on the go - online
- Practical oriented evaluation - 2 MCQ tests and a few short assignments and case studies
- Animated presentations on important topics
- Response time to queries - Less than 12 hours
- Mentor monitored training programmes available to all
- Module 1: Law and Policy in 'Indian' Cyberspace
- Module 2: Jurisdiction in Cyberspace
- Module 3: Designing Online Agreements: Contractual Closure and Indian Contract Law
- Module 4: Electronic Signatures & Digital Signatures
- Module 5: Regulation of Certifying Authorities
- Module 6: Electronic Evidence
- Module 7: Data Protection, Privacy and Corporate Compliance
- Module 8: Intellectual Property, The Internet and Electronic Commerce
- Module 9: Managing Legal Risks when promoting a business online
- Module 10: Insurance and the Internet
- Module 11: The Legal Challenges to Internet Banking
- Module 12: Privacy Bill, 2011: Critical Analysis
- Module 13: The E-Policy Handbook
- Module 14: Intermediary Liability
- Module 15: Internet Law Regulation
- Rs. 19,500/- for Indian Students
- US $400 for students paying from foreign countries
The registrations are on a first-cum-first-served basis. Seats are limited.
Note: Candidates applying for the course are instructed to verify eligibility criteria before registering for the course. Admission of ineligible candidates shall be cancelled and Rs. 200/- shall be deducted from the fees paid before processing refund.
The last date for registration is 31st January, 2018.
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Phone: +91-79-23276611, +91-79-23276612
Fax: +917878186624, +91-79-23276613