Law Mantra Journal (Volume 5, Issue 4 & 5): Call for Papers
Law Mantra Online Journal (ISSN: 2394-7829) is monthly double blind peer reviewed Academic Journal, published online, that seeks to provide an interactive forum for the publication of articles in the field of Law and Governance. The Journal is currently soliciting submissions for its Volume 5, Issue 4 & 5. The submission deadline for Volume 5, Issue 4 & 5 is 20th December, 2017.
We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the Author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 - 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms / norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000 - 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the Author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the Authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the Author may decide to critique any recent / landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th Edition). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A separate document with biographical information of the Authors must also be attached including the following details: Name, Email address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
As per the Law Mantra Online Journal Policy on Academic Misconduct, "plagiarism" means failure to acknowledge ideas or phrases from another source. Such source is not limited to published text. Acknowledgement of others' work is expected even if the source was a discussion (whether oral or written) with another person, or use of materials on the internet.
Note: It is assumed that work submitted is represented as being authored by the person on whose behalf it is submitted. Falsification of Work Product is falsifying, concocting or misrepresenting of data, statistics, or other observations / information.
Rs.1500/- per paper which Includes Certificate of Publication
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 20th December, 2017. All submissions should be made electronically to email@example.com
Law Mantra Journal
Download Copyright Declaration Form