Law Mantra Online Journal (Volume 4; Issue 10, 11): Call for Papers
Law Mantra Online Journal (ISSN: 2321-6417) is a monthly double blind peer reviewed journal. We look forward for submissions from members of the Bar, Bench and the Academia. Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short articles, case comments, legislative notes and book reviews.
We welcome submissions from academicians, practitioners, students, researchers and experts from within the legal community. We have a strong preference for articles that assert and defend a well-reasoned position.
Nature of Contributions:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law, which the Author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 to 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms / norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay is thus advised to be between 3,000 to 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the Author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation in the law. Notes shall primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the Authors are expected to offer a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the Author may decide to critique any recent / landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: The maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Citation Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook (19th Edition). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- Biographical Information of Authors: A separate document with biographical information of the Authors must also be attached which includes the following details: Name, Email Address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable), Academic Year.
As per the Law Mantra Online Journal Policy on Academic Misconduct, "plagiarism" means failure to acknowledge ideas or phrases from another source. Such source is not limited to published text. Acknowledgement of others' work is expected even if the source was a discussion (whether oral or written) with another person, or use of materials on the internet.
Rs.1500/- per Paper (which includes Certificate of Publication)
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 16th June, 2017. All submissions should be made electronically at email@example.com
Adv. Kishor Kumar Mishra
Law Mantra Management and Editorial Board
F-372, Delta- 1, Greater Noida,