5th Mangilal Pagariya Memorial Global Seminar on Uniform Civil Code
The two day Global Seminar on Uniform Civil Code is being organized by MATS Law School, MATS University, Raipur.
Date: 14th - 15th April, 2017
About The Seminar:
Article 44 (Uniform Civil Code) of the Constitution of India has not been implemented since 1949. Be that as it may, the Supreme Court of India, through its different dynamic decisions has started welcoming advancements in what has been a long walk towards gender equality and ensuring a Uniform Civil Code.
The Government of India as well, has, interestingly solicited the Law Commission from India to investigate the issues of Uniform Civil Code. In light of this, MATS Law School attempts to give a stage to policy makers, researchers and academicians to talk about and think on issues and viewpoints relating to Uniform Civil Code.
Themes of the Seminar:
- Policy and Principles of codification, then and now
- Diversity and Unity
- Uniform Civil Code, to secure all citizen Justice Liberty Equality
- UCC is to Promote amongst the people, Fraternity
- Solemn resolution
The Themes permits various sub-themes related with the topic.
Call for Papers:
- The candidates who plan to present their research are informed to submit their Abstracts on or before 15th March, 2017 through e-mail on email@example.com
- The Abstract should not be more than 500 words including the name of the participants and their college.
- The final paper should not be more than 3000 - 5000 words (excluding footnotes) and should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4th April, 2017
- It must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes should follow uniform style of citation.
- All the communications including the submission of the Abstract and the full paper should be done at email@example.com
- Teachers / Professionals / Research Scholars: Rs. 1,200/-
- Students: Rs 800/-
The Demand Draft should be in favour of Registrar MATS University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The scanned copy of duly filled registration form and the Demand Draft should be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation will be provided to the participants from outside Raipur (C.G), by the University.
Submission of Abstract:
15th March, 2017
Notification of accepted Abstract:
18th March, 2017
Final paper submission:
4th April, 2017
14th & 15th April, 2017
MATS Law School
Raipur Campus, MATS Tower,
Chhattisgarh - 492 002