1st Edition of Poorvottar Samvad Parliamentary Debate 2017
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam is going to organize the 1st Edition of Poorvottar Samvad Parliamentary Debate 2017 as part of the University's Cultural and Literary Fest - "Adwik Ujjapan".
Date: 21st - 23rd April, 2017
Venue: National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
About the Debate:
The Parliamentary Debate shall follow the Asian format of debating with the Government and Opposition teams compromising of three members each.
Format of the Tournament
- Team: Total 30 Teams can participate in the competition - Two teams from one University / College can register for the same. Selection of Team shall be done on first come first serve basis.
- Each debating match will consist of two teams; one to propose the motion and one to oppose it. The team proposing may be known as 'The Government'. The team opposing may be known as 'The Opposition'. Teams will be designated as Proposition side - proposes and defends the motion; Opposition side - refutes and negates the motion for each round of the competition.
- Each debate shall be adjudicated upon by a panel comprising of an odd number of adjudicators. Out of them one will be the Chairperson.
- Each debate shall be timed by a Timekeeper. In the absence of a timekeeper, a member of the adjudication panel will time the speeches.
- Registration fees: Rs. 2100/- per team, Rs. 1000/- for Adjudicator (excluding accommodation charges)
- Maximum of 30 teams can register for the Debate and a maximum of two teams along with one Adjudicator can register from one institution.
Registration begins (for both Team and Adjudicator):
10th February, 2017
Last Date of Registration (for both Team and Adjudicator):
10th April, 2017
Mr. Aditya Mishra
Ms. Antarnihita Mishra
Mr. Tathagat Sharma
National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
Hajo Road, Amingaon, District: Kamrup (Rural),
Guwahati, Assam - 781031
Download Notification, Rules, Poster