6th International and 10th Biennial Conference of the Indian Society of Victimology (ISV), 2017
Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad in collaboration Indian Society of Victimology is going to organize the Sixth International and Tenth Biennial Conference of The Indian Society of Victimology, 2017.
Date: 23rd - 25th February, 2017
Theme: Ensuring Victim's Participation in the Criminal Justice System
Participants are free to take any other area related to the main theme. However, following sub-themes can be considered:
- Constitutional and Human Rights Safeguards for Victims
- Investigation and other Pre-Trial Procedures for Victims
- Private Prosecution of Criminal Cases by Victims
- Representation of Victim's Interest in Bail Orders of Accused
- Plea Bargaining and Settlement Mechanisms for Victims
- Victim and Witness Protection Measures
- Government Victim Compensation Schemes
- Hearing of Victim in Sentencing Process
- Judicial Orders for Adequate and Just Compensation for Victims
- Rights of Victims in Post-Trial Process
- Public Participation for Victims by Non-Governmental Organizations and Social Activists
Call for Papers:
- Papers (theoretical/empirical) should pertain to the above theme or sub-themes.
- Papers should be submitted in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, with double line spacing, not exceeding 5000 words, including tables and figures. The paper should be accompanied by an Abstract of 150 words. Abstracts of papers, if received within the deadline, will be published in the Book of Abstracts.
- All references and citation mode for the Conference paper shall be as per the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 19th Edition.
- Submission should include separate Title Page which clearly indicates the name(s) of the Author(s), complete mailing address(es), Telephone No. and e-mail address(es).
- The text of the full paper and Abstract must include title of the paper, but must not include the name(s) of the author(s) as the papers will be blind reviewed.
- Co-authorship up to two is allowed with separate registration.
- Only original unpublished work is sought.
- Papers will be screened by a committee of experts and only those approved will be accepted. The ISV will retain exclusive rights to publish all the papers accepted for presentation as Conference Proceedings. Papers and Abstracts shall be e-mailed to email@example.com as attachment.
- Delegates: INR 2500
- Students INR 1500
- Delegates: US $200
- Students: US $100
Students should produce bonafide certificate from the Head of the Department / Institution or Identity Card from their educational institution. Registration fee excludes accommodation but includes catering facility on the conference days.
Accommodation may be arranged on requirement upon payment.
27th December, 2016
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract:
2nd January, 2017
9th January, 2017
Final Paper Submission:
23rd January, 2017
Last date of Registration for participants:
15th February, 2017
Dr. Krishnapal Malik
Mr. Vardhman Jain
Mr. Mani Shankar
Institute of Law, Nirma University,
S.G. Highway, Ahmedabad - 382481
Phone: +91-79-30642803 / 804 / 821