National Conference on the New Generation Laws
University Institute of Legal Studies, Chandigarh University Is going to organize a one day National Conference on the New Generation Laws
Date: 25th February, 2017
Venue: University Institute of Legal Studies, Block 9, Chandigarh University, Gharuan, Mohali
About the Conference:
Society prospers when people are vibrant and laws are progressive. Every society extracts the concept of security and reliability from strong legal system. Revolution in law and upside down concept of norms is the gist of the welfare state provided to the realm. Slavery was one in the chest of the castle of legal system as was Sati practice and so on in Indian Society. These concepts had been stamped down and as the contemporary concepts of laws are coming, it has reached up to the level of brain and technologies leaving the traditional crimes and laws in the back seat. The main purpose of this conference is to hold discussions on the scope and practices in new upcoming areas of laws like IPRs, Cyber Law, Space Laws, International, Constitutional, ITL, Criminal Laws, Technology and Entertainment Laws, etc.
- Theme I - Intellectual Property Rights
- Geographical Indications
- Traditional Knowledge
- Software Patents
- IPR vs. Competition Law
- Cyber Law vs. IPRs
- Cyber Defamation
- Non-Conventional Trademarks
- Data Protection Laws in India
- Design Patents
- International Conventions on Patents
- Plagrism and Copyright
- Theme II - Corporate Laws
- Competition and Anti-Competition practices
- Abuse of Dominant position
- Anti-Trust Laws
- Whistle Blower Protection
- Insider Trading
- Cross-border Mergers
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Role of women director in Company
- Consumer and health care markets
- Role of regulatory authorities in Capital Market
- Jurisdiction of Courts and Negotiable Instrument Act
- Theme III - Constitution Law of India
- Legal Validity of Demonetization
- Personal Laws vs. Uniform Civil Code
- Need of Lokpal
- Anti-defection Law
- Appointment of Judges
- Collegiums System
- Uncle Judges Practices
- Inter-country Adoptions
- Religious Intolerance
- Monetary Laws
- Right to Information
- RTI vs. Political Parties
- RTI vs. Judges Medical claims
- Media and Reasonable Restrictions
- Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
- Cruelty towards Animals
- Uniform Labour Code
- Centre State relations on financial Policies
- Retrospective effect of Taxation
- Double Taxation Treaties
- Theme IV- Criminal Law
- Enforceability of Criminal Amendment Act, 2013
- Compensation to victims of Crime
- Plea bargaining in India
- LGBT Rights
- International Protocols and Capital Punishment
- Witness Protection
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Delegalizing attempt to Suicide
- Theme V: International Law
- Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs)
- Foreign Direct Investment in Insurance, Health, Defense, Retail sectors
- India and Investment Disputes
- Uniform Anti-Terrorism Code
- Narco Terrorism
- Cyber Terrorism
- Conflict of Laws
- Applicability of Foreign Judgments and awards in India
- Acquisition of land by countries
- Climate Change
- Refugee Protection beyond territories
- Intra-State Water Dispute
- Emigration Laws
Note: Any other related topics are invited
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, contact number, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and E-mail address of Authors.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub-heading should be in font size 12 pt, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12 pt, normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 8,000 words (including footnotes)
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 pt and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
- The authors have to submit their Registration Form along with the soft copy of Demand Draft electronically via email to email@example.com
- Depending upon the quality and number of papers received the University proposes to publish the well selected papers in a Book having ISBN number.
- The selection of the Articles for the publication will be at the discretion of the Editors.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the participants except Seminar Kits, Tea and Lunch on the date of conference at the University Campus.
- For More details and queries, kindly mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs 600/- per participant.
- Academicians, Advocates, NGOs and others: Rs 800/- per participant.
Each participant is required to pay fee along with the registration form. In case of co-authorship the registration fees is to be paid by both authors separately. The registration fee is to be paid through Demand Draft in the favor of "Chd Edu Tr Univ Inst of Legal Studies", payable at Mohali. The scanned copy of DD and Registration form has to be submitted along with the full paper i.e. 15th February, 2017 through email. Kindly bring the copy of DD on the date of conference.
The Abstract should not be more than 300 words which should reach us via email id: email@example.com on or before:
25th January, 2017
The selection of Abstracts would be intimated to the authors by:
28th January, 2017
The scanned copy of DD and Registration form has to be submitted along with the full paper i.e.
15th February, 2017
Asst. Prof. Kamaljeet Singh
Asst. Prof. NainaKhana
Asst. Prof. Navneet Kaur Chahal
University Institute of Legal Studies,
Download Brochure, Registration Form