Indian Journal of Air and Space Law (IJASL): Call for Papers
Indian Journal of Air and Space Law (IJASL) ISSN no. 2394-6091 is a bi-annual journal published by the Centre for Air and Space Law (CASL), NALSAR University of Law. This Journal is first of its kind in India venturing to encourage intellectual debate on the issues of relevance to the domain of Air and Space Law by creating a platform for the interested scholars to participate through their respective contributions. Indian Journal of Air and Space Law (IJASL) aims to steadily build a strong pool of Indian and foreign scholars specialized in the respective domains.
Theme for Journal:
The author is free to choose any issue / topic / sub-theme within the broader theme of "Aerospace and Defence Laws".
- Long Article: Papers amounting to Long Articles must be between 5000 and 8000 words (exclusive of footnotes) and must engage in the comprehensive analysis of the chosen issue, its status quo, any identifiable lacunae, examine the literature available in that area and offer an original view or original assessment of that issue. The submission can focus on any contemporary law or issue within the broader theme of "Aerospace and Defence Laws" or be a theoretical analysis in this broad theme.
- Short Article / Essay: This category of papers must concise (both in scope and conceptualization) and deal with more specific issue, making an easily discernible, concrete and articulate argument. It can also be used to challenge existing paradigms / norms and provide fresh outlook to common problems. It should be within 3500 to 5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comment, Legislation Review or Treaty Appraisal: Papers in this category are expected to undertake an original and critical analysis of important judicial decisions (preferably recent), legislations or treaties falling within the broad theme. It should be within 2000 to 3500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Commentary, Book Review or Short Notes on Contemporary Developments: Brief Commentary, Book Review or Short Notes relevant to subject matter of journal are invited, preferably within 1500 to 2000 words (exclusive of footnotes). This category includes critical reviews of recent developments in law or policy, books, articles, even movies.
Contributors willing to submit article to the IJASL should observe the following prescribed guidelines.
- Originality: All submissions must be the original and unpublished works of the author. Plagiarism in any form shall result in instant rejection of the submission. The decision of the Editorial Board in this matter is final and binding. The Editorial Board of IJASL shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous. In case of reference to unpublished works, the author shall be deemed to have obtained the permission of the referred author. All contributions to the journal are peer reviewed by its expert advisory board subject to the editorial approval earned test of plagiarism. Average score of borrowing or reproduction from foreign sources should not exceed 25%, including footnotes / bibliography.
- Abstract: Each manuscript submission must be accompanied by an Abstract of not more than 300 words describing the relevant arguments made or conclusions that have been drawn; which should be placed at the beginning of the paper. The Abstract shall not be used for any prior selection of manuscripts on its basis and is merely to assist the reader.
- Number of Author: Paper can be co-authored however, a maximum of two authors is allowed.
- Copyright:The Journal shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications and only the moral rights will vest with the author.
Format for Submission:
- All submissions must be in use A4 format, with 1 inch margin on all sides, and use Times New Roman font with font size of 12 pt and 1.5.
- All references should be footnoted in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt and line spacing of 1.0. Speaking footnotes are allowed, though heavy usage of speaking footnotes is discouraged. Use of endnotes is not allowed.
- All submissions must be in .doc or .docx format. Submissions made in .pdf format or in any other formats shall not be considered.
- All submissions must be through e-mail (email@example.com) and hard copy submissions are not allowed.
- Authors should apply the footnote reference style at the bottom of each corresponding page of the text.
Mode of Submission:
Online only: All contributions and correspondence should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for submissions is 30th December, 2016 (before 5 pm IST).
Ms. Anita Singh / Ms. Jyoti
Associate Editors, Indian Journal of Air and Space Law (IJASL)
Centre for Air and Space Law (CASL)
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
Phone: 040-23498446, 040-23498445