National Seminar on "Abolition of Caste System in India is required for National Integrity"
Legal Desire & Unmukt Bharat in association with Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut is organizing the National Seminar on "Abolition of Caste System in India is required for National Integrity".
Date: 26th November, 2016
Venue: Moot Court Hall, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, NH-58 Delhi-Haridwar Bypass, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh.
Concept Note of Seminar:
For thousands of years in India, a person's social class was determined by birth. Historians later called this the caste system. All Indians whether Christian, Muslim, Parsi, Buddhist, Jain or Hindu carry some vestiges of the caste system in them. Caste and casteism have been carried to every corner of the globe to which the Indian diaspora migrated. Our caste prejudices manifest themselves most clearly in the matrimonial newspaper columns, where prospective brides and grooms of all religions are sought for traditional marriage alliances.
Following the end of British rule in India, the Indian constitution banned discrimination on the basis of caste. In 1950, authorities also announced quotas in government jobs and educational institutions for those lowest in the caste hierarchy. The person who authored the Indian Constitution - Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, was a Dalit himself and the occasion marked a significant moment for the country. Ambedkar abandoned his Hindu faith and converted to Buddhism in protest over the way that Dalits were being treated.
On the occasion of 67th Constitution Day, Legal Desire & Unmukt Bharat brings to you the National Conference aiming to find the answers of questions relating Caste System that needs to be answered one of the main question in this series is theme of this year event i.e,.
Abolition of Caste System in India is required for National Integrity
- Effects of Caste System in India
- B.R. Ambedkar views on Annihilation of Caste
- Discrimination on Grounds of Caste in India
- Caste in Politics
- Need for Law & Policy
Call for Papers:
We cordially invite the academicians, students, researchers, representatives of the Civil Society and research scholars to submit their research papers on the sub-themes to be covered in different technical sessions during the summit.
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject column as 'Submission - Abstract / full paper' as the case may be and bearing the name(s) of the Author(s) as the file name, only at the following email address: email@example.com
Your Abstract (of about 300 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted. The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant
- Official Designation / Institution Details
- Address and Email id
- Title of Abstract
The subject line of your message should read: "Abstract Submission for Legal Desire National Seminar, 2016"
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS Word format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
- The paper must be in single column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The sub heading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified
- The length of paper should not exceed 6,000 words (including footnotes). Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
- The full paper must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
All papers accepted for the conference will be published in the international journal and edited books with ISSN/ISBN.
Rules for the Participants:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively.
- Participants / Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of Abstract with payment of required fees.
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference.
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate, conference kit, lunch and tea.
- Limited paid accommodation during the conference is available on first come first serve basis.
- All co-authors have to register separately.
- Present your Research Paper or Idea on the themes of Summit.
- Time Given: 5-10 Minutes
- Power-point Presentations allowed of not more than 20 Slides.
- Co-authors can present together.
- Students: Rs. 1500/-
- Professionals / Research Scholars: Rs. 2000/-
Note: The authors and co-authors both must register separately
The registration fees include:
- Conference Kit
- Admission to opening ceremony
- Admission to all sessions
- Coffee breaks and lunches during the conference
- Admission to networking dinner
- Review of the paper, its presentation and and publication in the official conference proceedings.
- Certificate of attendance (and presented paper for presenters)
Limited in Campus Accommodation will be available to the Delegates. The Tariff rate for accommodation is as follows:
- Twin Sharing Room: Rs. 1500/- per person
- Single Occupancy Room: Rs. 2000/- per person
- To and fro transportation facility from accommodation to the conference venue will be provided by the organizer.
Submission of Abstract not more than 200-300 words:
18th November, 2016
Intimation of acceptance of Abstracts within
24-72 hours of receiving
Last date of Registration & Submission of full length paper:
22th November, 2016
Contact: +91-9557571157, +91-9639010166
Download Poster, Concept Note