The 4th Rostrum Essay Competition, 2016
The Rostrum Essay Competition is organized every year by Rostrum Legal to promote original legal writing and research work in the field of law. We are delighted to announce the fourth edition of the competition.
Are you passionate about Legal Research and Writing? If yes, then put pen to paper and get ready to participate! There is no specific theme for this year's completion. Participants can write on any topic of their interest from the field of law. We encourage all the participants to be creative and innovative in how they express their arguments in the essay.
The competition has received an incredible response in the past three years; we have received 700+ Abstracts and 240+ essays by participants from all around the world.
Who can participate?
The competition is open to all undergraduate law students and postgraduate law students pursuing Master of Laws or an equivalent master's degree in law.
How to participate?
- Step 1: Submit your Abstract.
- Step 2: Register online if Abstract is selected for participation
- Step 3: Submit your essay along with copyright agreement by email
Participants can write on "Any Topic on Law" of their interest.
- Co-Authorship is NOT allowed.
- The Abstract should not exceed 500 words.
- The world limit for essay is 6000 words (including Footnotes and References).
- All the submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format.
- Further guidelines for citation and submission will be emailed to the selected participants after registration.
Registration and Fees:
- Participants whose Abstracts are selected are required to register for the competition. Registration can be done online by filling up the form and by online payment of registration fee.
- The registration fee for this edition of competition is Rs. 1300/-.
Send your Abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, phone number, name of College / University and your address of correspondence in the body of the email. Please do not use this email id for posting queries.
If you have any queries regarding participation in the competition please write to email@example.com. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Last day for Abstract submission by email. :
25th October, 2016 (Submit by 23:59 IST)
Results: Release of Abstract selection list. :
1st November, 2016 (16:00 Hrs. IST)
Last day for online registration :
8th November, 2016 (Register by 23:59 IST)
Last day for submission of essays by email. :
20th December, 2016 (Submit by 23:59 IST)
Mr. Aounkar Anand
Founder & COO