National Seminar on Anti-Terrorism Law and Human Security
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a National Seminar on Anti-Terrorism Law and Human Security.
Date: 3rd October, 2016
Venue: Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer Memorial Hall, Kerala Law Academy campus, Trivandrum
Call for Papers:
The organizers of the Seminar call upon Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, policy makers, and officials from various institutions; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars of relevant disciplines to present their well-researched papers at the seminar, relevant to the below themes.
Thematic Breakup of Paper Presentation:
- Terrorism Under Indian Law
- Anti-terrorism legislations like TADA - POTA & Recent Amendments
- Legal Implications and difficulties of enforcement against Terrorism
- Its Social, Economic and Political impact on Society
- Anti Terrorism Laws and Indian Judiciary
- Terrorism related offences under IPC
- Constitutional Perspectives
- Human Rights and Anti-Terrorism
- Rights of victims of terrorist attack
- Protection of Human Rights while countering terrorism, etc.
- International Measures to Combat Terrorism
- Role of UN-International Treaties
- Maritime Terrorism
- Aircraft Hijacking
- Related laws and enforcement
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identified for the Seminar. The papers should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 3000 words including Footnotes.
- The papers will be screened by a committee. A maximum of 40 approved papers chosen by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar.
- The submission of Abstract and submission of full paper upon approval of the Abstract followed by registration of participation upon approval of full paper shall be email to email@example.com
- The final paper should contain a cover page which shall include Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, Email id and Contact number.
- Papers should be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission. But among the two only one person will be allowed to present the paper so submitted.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Participants & selected paper presenters (including author and co-author) will be required to fill out the form which will be send through email after intimation of selection of paper or upon request for participation in the seminar.
- Publication of papers submitted will be subject to the scrutiny of the publisher.
- There will be a registration fee of Rs. 1000/- for each participant, author & co-author separately.
- The registration fee need only be paid at time of registration on the date of the seminar, i.e., 3rd October, 2016 at 8 a.m.
Ms. Rakendu. C.K
(UGC-SRF Research Scholar)
Faculty-in-charge / Convener
Ms. Jewel M. Panicker
(UGC-NET Research Scholar)
Faculty-in-charge / Convener
Mr. Sandeep Chandrasekharan
Ms. Anuradha P Nair
Mr. Sachin B.
Kerala Law Academy
Harvipuram Colony, Peroorkada,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695005