Indian Journal of Legal Theory (Issue 2): Call for Papers
The Indian Journal of Legal Theory is an open access, annual, student run journal which is published by the Centre for Legal Theory under the auspices of National Law University, Jodhpur. It is one of the first of its kind journals in India, devoted to the study of legal theory, legal philosophy and jurisprudence. With the aid of an eminent advisory board and an institution known for its academic excellence, the journal primarily aims to encourage debate and analysis among students, practicing professionals and academicians in this largely ignored area of legal discourse.
- Word Limit: 7500 - 8000 words.
- Co-authorship upto a maximum of three authors is allowed.
- The journal follows a comprehensive blind review procedure. Thus, the manuscript by itself must not contain any mention of or reference to the author's name, affiliation or credentials. Such information must be restricted to a separate cover page which must contain a brief biographical description of the author and include the author's name, affiliation, qualifications and contact details.
- The manuscript must be contained in a Microsoft Word (.doc / .docx) document.
- The manuscript must be an original and unpublished work. The author must also confirm that the manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Font: Garamond 12pt for main body and 10pt for footnotes must be uniformly followed.
- Footnotes must conform to the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition).
- Every article should have an Abstract (of maximum 200 words).
- Authors, upon submission, must communicate their acceptance of the following conditions:
- The work, upon publication, becomes the property of National Law University, Jodhpur
- Permissions for subsequent publication / reprint and / or derivative works must be obtained from Indian Journal of Legal Theory.
- The Board shall endeavour to keep the authors informed about the current status of their manuscript.
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the authors with suggestions related to substance and / or style. Acceptance of a manuscript may be made contingent on incorporation of such suggestions.
- Authors of accepted articles are entitled to receive a complimentary printed copy of the issue in which their article has been published.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 30th December, 2016.
Indian Journal of Legal Theory
National Law University, Jodhpur