International Conference on Challenges in Domestic and International Arbitration
The Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators is going to organize the two day International Conference on Challenges in Domestic and International Arbitration.
Date: 23rd & 24th September, 2016
Venue: Crowne Plaza, Chennai Adyar Park, Chennai
About the Conference:
With all round development taking place in India, major projects, particularly infrastructure projects and many mega projects are being implemented in different parts of the country. In spite of one's best efforts to avoid them, disputes cannot be avoided altogether in a contract. In order to complete projects without cost or time overrun, suitable mechanism should be in place to resolve disputes as and when they arise.
The amended Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 has raised much hope which promises to be effective tool for speedy and cost effective dispute resolution besides facilitating implementation of foreign awards. This augurs well for raising the level of ease of doing business in the country thus paving way for attracting more Foreign Direct Investments.
India, where numbers of projects by MNC's are going on, has the potential of becoming the hub of International Arbitration. The hurdles if any in this context have to be indentified and removed. The Conference is organized to address these problems, besides updating knowledge on the subject and hone the skills of practising and aspiring Arbitrators.
The sub themes to be covered include but not limited to:
- Present status of laws related to Arbitration in India
- An in-depth analysis of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as amended in 2015)
- Role of Arbitration in promoting ease of doing business in India
- Contribution of Arbitration to "Make in India" concept through PPP route
- International Arbitration - present status, opportunities and challenges
- Developing India as hub of International Arbitration
- Promoting Institutional Arbitration in India
- Use of FIDIC conditions of contracts for early resolution of disputes.
- Recent developments affecting International Arbitrations
- Effective handling of Construction Arbitration Perspective of International Arbitration Institutions (SIAC, ICC, LCIA, HKIAC, etc.)
- Training the Arbitrators
- Claims, Damages and procedure in construction Industry
- Arbitration practice in other countries
- Online Arbitration
Who should attend?
The International Conference is designed for practicing Arbitrators, Techno-Legal Consultants, Professional Engineers / Architects, Advocates, Project / Contract Managers, Senior Executives and Administrators in Government, Public and Private Sector organizations, Corporate Companies and Contracting Firms in various disciplines, etc.
- Member of llT Arb and all Supporting Organizations: Rs. 8,000/-
- Non-Members from lndia & SAARC countries: Rs. 10,000/-
- Foreign Delegates other than SAARC countries: US $ 500
20% Early Bird Discount for registrations till15th August, 2016.The amount is payable by Demand Draft, Pay Order or at par Cheque drawn in favour of "IITA Conference", payable at Chennai. Number of seats is proposed to be limited to 250 only.
The delegate fee includes Conference Materials, Refreshments and Lunch for two days. The travel and accommodation of delegates shall be made on their own.
Completed registration form along with the remittance of the Delegate Fee to be sent to:
The Organizing Secretary
Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators,
First Floor, 4/36, Loganathan Colony,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600004,
Tamil Nadu, India
Mr. P.R. Seshadri
Chairman - Advisory Committee
Mr. M. Velu
Chairman - Organizing Committee
Mr. P. Sivaprakasam
Indian Institution of Technical Arbitrators
4/36, Loganathan Colony, Mylapore,
Chennai - 600004
Phone: +91-44-24984200, +91-9840358060
Download Brochure, Registration Form