GNLU: Diploma in Internet Law & Policy
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) has launched the fifth batch of India's first ever - Diploma Programme in Internet Law and Policy with Enhelion as its technology partner.
The world of cyberspace is changing and with it the law that governs the cyberspace is also changing. This Diploma programme will be taught by leading in house experts in the field of Internet Law who deal with legal issues pertaining to the Internet on a daily basis.
This diploma programme aims to provide an introduction to the Internet law in India for those who may seek a career in the technology industry. In a span of one year, you as an enrolled student would be getting a deep and complete insight of the fundamentals of Internet Law and interesting and popular subjects such as Intermediary liability, Data Privacy, Data Protection, the nuances of Online agreements, a complete understanding of the Indian Information Technology Act and also understand many case studies pertaining to Data Privacy and Intermediary liability where the Faculty of Enhelion have personally handled legal cases and legal issues of fortune 500 companies. Through the Diploma programme you will also get an insight into the legal issues related to Internet Banking, which is a growing area of Internet law in India and the world at large.
The duration of the Diploma Course is one year July 2016 - July 2017 [The first online live lecture will take place in the first week of August 2016]
Medium of Instruction:
- Online (Study Material + Presentations with voiceover + Online Lectures through our Virtual Classroom Software every two weeks from experts in the field)
- Minimum: 10 plus 2 pass, He/she can also be a part of any university
- Any professional is also eligible for applying to this course
Unique Features of this online programme:
- Continuous live online lectures that are recorded for future access to all enrolled students
- More than 150 Hours of Pre recorded lectures available for access
- Course developed by learned academicians and practicing lawyers
- Study at your own pace
- Audio Video Presentations along with Electronic material, which can be printed for references
- Focus on real life case study examples
- Continuous access to mentors and career counselling advice
- One time ONE WEEKEND On campus physical mandatory interaction with GNLU faculty, skills trainers and practicing lawyers [This will take place in June or July of 2017]
- Get a chance to meet and interact with the experts and network among lawyers
- On campus boarding and lodging facility will be provided to all students
- University Identity cards to all registered diploma students
- Learn everything on the go - online
- Practical oriented evaluation - 2 MCQ tests and a few short assignments
- Animated presentations on important topics
- Response time to queries - Less than 12 hours
- Mentor monitored training programmes available to all
- Module 1: Law and Policy in 'Indian' Cyberspace
- Module 2: Jurisdiction in Cyberspace
- Module 3: Designing Online Agreements: Contractual Closure and Indian Contract Law
- Module 4: Electronic Signatures & Digital Signatures
- Module 5: Regulation of Certifying Authorities
- Module 6: Electronic Evidence
- Module 7: Data Protection, Privacy and Corporate Compliance
- Module 8: Intellectual Property, The Internet and Electronic Commerce
- Module 9: Managing Legal Risks when promoting a business online
- Module 10: Insurance and the Internet
- Module 11: The Legal Challenges to Internet Banking
- Module 12: Privacy Bill, 2011: Critical Analysis
- Module 13: The E-Policy Handbook
- Module 14: Intermediary Liability
- Module 15: Internet Law Regulation
Why you should join this diploma programme?
Click here for more details
- Rs. 15,500/- for Indian Students
- US $ 400 for students paying from foreign countries
The registrations are on a first-cum-first-served basis. Seats are limited.
Note: Candidates applying for the course are instructed to verify eligibility criteria before registering for the course. Admission of ineligible candidates shall be cancelled and Rs. 200/- shall be deducted from the fees paid before processing refund.
The last date for registration has been extended to 31st July, 2016.
Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba
Gandhinagar - 382007, Gujarat
Phone: +91-79-23276611, +91-79-23276612
Fax: +91-7878186624, +91-79-23276613