NUJS - Post Graduate Diploma in Air and Space Law
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Air and Space Law (PGDASL) at WB National University of Juridical Sciences.
Course Duration: One Year
Mode: Distance Education
- Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- The course is also open to those candidates who are in the final year of Bachelor degree. However, the granting of the Degree (PGDASL) is contingent upon the successful completion of the Bachelor degree by the candidate.
About the Course:
Air and Space Law has become one of the most important branches of law in the recent period of time. The scientific and technological developments in the field of air and space are so rapid that they have posed challenge to the legal fraternity, since the first and second half of the twentieth century respectively.
While the legal response to air technology has been primarily at the municipal level, despite a number of conventions at the International level, the legal response to space technology has been primarily at the International level, though now it is percolating into the municipal sphere. At present, the significance of Air Law and Space Law needs no explanation due to indispensible uses of airspace and outer space for the purposes ranging from commercial to military.
The increasing volume of disputes in the field of air and space has also resulted in the manifold increase in the legal practitioners working in the field of air and space at developed countries like United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Russia, Japan, France, Australia, etc. Keeping this in mind, the Post Graduate Diploma in Air and Space Law (PGDASL) is a unique initiative undertaken at NUJS, Kolkata. The Course is designed to provide an in-depth understanding of Air Law and Space Law along with some fundamental principles of public international law related to air and space. The course would be extremely useful to the candidates having wide-ranging background, from legal to scientific.
- Application Fee: Rs. 1,000/-
- Registration / Course Fee: Rs. 20,000/-
- Examination Fee: Rs. 1,000/- per subject
Foreign / NRI Candidates:
- Application Fee: US $100/-
- Registration / Course Fee: US $750/-
- Examination Fee: US $100/- per subject
Note: The application fee and the registration / course fee must be sent along with the application form. The examination fee must be paid one month before the final examination. Examination fee for individual subject must be paid every year until the candidate passes that subject. Fees once paid would not be refunded.
- The Indian candidates must make the payment of fee by way of Demand Draft for Rs. 21,000/- drawn in favor of 'WBNUJS PGDASL' payable at Kolkata.
- The foreign / NRI candidates must make the payment of fee either by way of Demand Draft for US $850/- drawn in favor of 'WBNUJS PGDASL' payable at Kolkata or in alternative, may make the wire transfer of US $850/- to 'WBNUJS PGDASL' account.
- Any cost involved in the payment of fee must be incurred by the candidates.
The last date for submission of application form is 30th June, 2016.
Dr. Sandeepa Bhat B.
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences,
12 LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake,
Kolkata - 700098, West Bengal
Phone: +91-8762131608, +91-9903854794, 033-23357379/0534/0765 [Extn: 1180]