Young Professionals Programme for Legal Empowerment
The Centre for Social Justice, Ahmedabad is inviting applications for its Young Professionals Programme for Legal Empowerment (YPPLE)
About the Programme:
The programme designed towards equipping young legal professionals to become powerful change agents, by giving them the opportunity of developing holistic understanding of how legal empowerment at field level contributes to social change.
With the successes of its previous editions behind it, YPPLE is now entering its third year. In the first two years of the programme, CSJ placed 10 young aspiring researchers in its field areas, where they engaged with grassroots realities and in the process grew immensely as a professional and as a person. Many YPPLEs continue to be associated with CSJ beyond the one year of the programme and are helping CSJ fulfill its mission of legal empowerment of the marginalized.
The Programme is open to young law graduates / legal professionals who wish to pursue a career in the field of human rights as lawyers, practitioners, researchers or academics. Willingness to engage with field realities, to live in challenging conditions, and to travel extensively are pre-requisites for every candidate. Candidates must above all display a strong drive, motivation and commitment towards working for social change.
A group of about six to eight young legal professionals will be placed for minimum period of one year in the field areas where CSJ is implementing its programmes. A learning / performance road map will be developed jointly with the selected candidates. Each individual will spend two-three weeks every month in the field areas and the remaining time will be dedicated towards reflections, writing, inputs and capacity building.
The primary responsibilities of the selected candidates will be to:
- Conduct research on law and policy issues for making interventions and creating policy documents
- Coordinate training and capacity building programmes and develop training materials
- Supervise data collection for research programs / projects
- Collaborate / coordinate programmes with stakeholders including representations with various Government authorities
- Contribute to the advocacy work of the Organization
- Organize events to initiate public debate on issues
- Bring in creative approaches and perspectives to the existing work
Candidates interested in applying to the Programme must send in the following in their application:
- Personal statement of purpose detailing the candidates' motivations and reasons for applying to the Programme. Candidates must also be clear about their areas of interest and expectations from the Programme.
- Updated CV along with details of any similar prior work experience.
Applications containing the above mentioned documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th April, 2016. Candidates shortlisted for the second round will be contacted for an interview. The final selected candidates will be invited for a one month probation period. Based on an appraisal of their performance during this month, the organization will confirm the selection of the candidates into the Programme.
The last date for applying is 15th April, 2016.
Centre for Social Justice
C-106, Royal Chinmay Towers,
Opp. Indian Oil Petrol Pump,
Bodakdev, Ahmedabad - 380 054,